Saturday, November 8, 2008

San Diego Day 5

I am sitting at the airport now. I have learned so much and have so much to process it is almost overwhelming. I am still blown away from last nights message by Francis Chan. I need to order the cd and share it with a few people.

After the service we went to a dinner put on by Dave Ramsey and Financial Peach University. It was at the poolside Tiki Pavilion area. Picture this, we leave a holy ghost service, seeing people on their face before God, some have never been in an altar service and we are lead into a party area, with loud secular music playing. All the songs were about money. The were selling Ramsey's stuff. On any other day I would not have cared, but i really felt vulgar sitting there listening to this music. It was the wrong atmosphere.

At the airport i got the treatment. Having this metal in my spine opens doors for me to meet some new people. They feel you and touch you all over. Of course it is not very intimate. First they put me in a glass box and then made me stay there. Then I got put on this metal chair and was assaulted by a beeping stick. Then he gloved up and gave me the rub down. I think I need a shower.

Any who, I just ate some pizza and finally have found some diet coke. I have not had some in days. All the resort had was diet Pepsi. You can live on it, but it taste like crap.

I am on my 3rd big gulp size glass of it. AHH heaven must be like this. I am going to nose around a bit.

Oh, all the books cost me an extra fifty bucks at the airport for a heavy bag. When the guy picked it up he yelled, my God that is heavy. He said this thin is over weight. I can not tell a lie, I have about 25 books in it. I even put some in my back pack, but, they got me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

LOL at your heavy bag o' books. I'm glad the conference was good!