Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SanDiego Day 1

Day One – somewhere over Texas..

Got an early start this morning. No problems at the Tyler Airport. I met a family that was sending their dog to Florida on a different plane. I thought that was odd.

Got in to Houston ok. Had to ride the shuttle bus to my terminal. I had some time to kill so I got my boots shined at one of those shoe shine stands. It was done by this Asian man wearing an old black cowboy hat that had seen its better days. He also was wearing a bow tie and white shirt. He did a real good job on my boots.

Sitting on the plane now as I type this. It is only about 80% full. There are several Marines on board. I know there is a large Marine base in San Diego. They look like they are new to the corps. No rank or badges on the uniform except for their rifle qualifying badge. The look like high school kids. There are also a lot of moms with little babies with them. Some of them are happy and some are not happy.


The flight is supposed to be a three hour flight. They are going to show a movie that I don’t think I want to see it. Looks boring. Just wanted to type out some thoughts. More LATER!

Got here. This place is beautiful. Cool temp, beautiful water, palm trees, roses, Spanish tile roofs...awesome.

I have a garden bungalow. It has its own covered area with vines and flowers. Very nice.

It is lunch time so i went to one of the 5 restaurants here at the convention center. I had forgot about the "laid back" atmosphere of this state. The restaurant was nice, but waitresses do not get in a hurry. I am used to being called sugar and honey and they fall all over them selves to get to serve you. Oh well, being in a foreign land like this one must adapt to the surrounding areas.

Later tonight I am supposed to check in at one of the ball rooms here. I am going to take a nap now and rest.

incidentally, Dad's procedure did not work. He is very discouraged. So am I.

1 comment:

Faye M. said...

Sounds like a rough place you are in! LOL.
Sorry your dad's heart procedure didn't work. Not sure where he goes from here.
Have a good time and learn a lot. Come home refreshed and ready to put it all to use. Love ya. Your mean Mother-in-law