Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SanDiego Day 1 part 2

I took my life in my hands today. at the airport i could not find the shuttle to the resort where the convention is so i got a cab. It would be my luck that I would get a Jamaican Cab Driver who was smiling like he was stoned out of his gourd. I could not understand a word he said.

This place is so expensive. I just ate a 26 dollar sandwich. For lunch I had a 24 dollar burger. I am scared to see what breakfast will be like.

Yikes.

It is so cool (temperature wise) here. The sun went down and it got pretty cold. I sat outside for a while and talked to my grandmother. My dad had a ruff afternoon. The procedure did not work. I called him at home but he was already asleep. I really wished it would have worked.

3 comments:

Faye M. said...

Maybe you should take a walk to a nearby Mickey Dee's. If there are 5restaurants there, visit another one and see how it compares. What on earth would a steak be?
Your truck is at home, safe and sound. The new grinder is great. 25pounds in the freezer so far. Other half tomorrow. Have a good night. Maw

Amanda said...

I hope the food is at least good at that price.

I'm sorry about your dad. That really sucks :(

Nathan said...

Sorry about your dad. We're still praying for him (and you).