Thursday, November 6, 2008

San Diego Day 3 Part 2

More reading material.

I made a lot of great contacts. I also gathered some new reading material that I hope to learn from.

Here is the list of what they are.

1. Three Simple Rules - A Wesleyan Way of Living by Rueben P. Job
2. Women Married to men in ministry - breaking the sound barrier together by Teresa Flint-Borden (this looks really good, i think maybe the staff wives would enjoy it. Liz and I are going to review it.)
3. The Crisis of Younger Clergy - by Lovett Weems
4. Dirty Word: The vulgar, offensive language of the kingdom of God by Jim Walker
5. The Life: A Portrait of Jesus by J. John
6. An African Awakening: My Journey into Aids Activism by Valerie Bell
7. Preparing for Change Reaction: how to introduce change in your church by Bob Whitesel (i got to meet the author and talk with him a while, he is from Indiana Wesleyan University. He is the guy on all of the advertisements.)

I am back in my room relaxing for a bit before the comedy show.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Can't wait to read #2 w/ ya.

Lisa said...

How are you going to get all those books home? You know they charge extra for another suitcase! =P

Just teasing. Andrew and I bought a ton of books when we attended Family Life's A Weekend To Remember. Most of them were good.

L.G. Reeves said...

I may need a shipping container.

L.G. Reeves said...
This comment has been removed by the author.