Friday, November 7, 2008

San Diego Day 4 part 2

More Books: On the way to the evening part, I past through the exhibit hall, and Zondervan was giving away a ton of stuff that they did not want to pack and carry back.

  1. Creating a Prodigal Friendly church by Jeff Lucas
  2. Surprising Insights from the unchurched and proven ways to reach them by Thom Ranier (I love his work)
  3. The Unchurched Next Door: understanding faith stages as keys to sharing your faith by Thom Ranier
  4. Crazy Love by Francis Chan
  5. Compelled by Love: a journey to missional living by Ed Stetzer
  6. The Multiplying Church: the new math for starting new churches by Bob Roberts
  7. Should we use someone else's sermon: preaching in a cut and past world by Scott Gibson
  8. The American Church In Crisis by David Olson
  9. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

Almost vulgar the number of books i have to read now. Guess I know what I am doing the next couple of days. HA

tonight with Francis Chan. I don't know what else to say other than wow. It was so powerful and so moving and then he gave an altar call at the end and Lincoln Brewster was playing in the background. It was so heavy and so deep I am not even at this time able to express it in to words. I never expected to see God do something like this here. My friend the Lutheran Pastor, Joseph was really blown away. We have had a lot of discussions about what our different churches did. He had never experienced an altar call where people are laying hands on people, and people were prostrate in the floor. even Lincoln Brewster said he did not know what to do at this time. I will talk more about it later.

Headed home tomorrow.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like a great service to me! I bet there was a WOW factor for so many since this is an inter-denominational conference. Cool!

Nathan said...

The new library looks great! Is it open for book checkout?

Mere Christianity is a classic.