Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Update on New Opportunity

Well, there is a bit of change. I found out last night that there are a total of 4 candidates for the city council position. I will have to get up and speak to the council and tell them why I want to be on the council and they will vote. I have no idea who else has been nominated. I am working on a speech to give.

I am thinking of maybe giving Patton's speech (the one George C. Scott gave) or maybe the one from Scent of a Woman (the one Al Pacino gave).

Or maybe I should sing my resume to them?

3 comments:

m.d. mcmullin said...

Good Luck! Speak from your heart. Don't say "nekked" and share what gives you the perspective they need on the city council.

Nathan said...

Awww, no "nekked"? The fact that Larry says something with a bit of shock value each week keeps us coming back to his Sunday School class to see what he'll say next.

Maybe McM is right - no "nekkid" on the interview/speech. Save that for the meetings after you get chosen!

Best wishes, Larry!

L.G. Reeves said...

I am a firm believer in Shock and Awe. Hopefully the things I say are not to far over the edge. I am putting some thoughts together for tonight. I am not sure exactyly how this is going to go. should be interesting.