Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Bike

Liz and I got our government check last week. We did our part and purchased bikes for each other. I went for a ride last night on my new 18 speed mountain bike. Sort of silly really, there are no mountains and I cant figure out the gears.

Liz was probably smarter and got an old fashioned bike with no gears at all. I did enjoy the ride. But i have got to get a bigger seat. You see I have what some might call....a big ole but. I mean it is a good looking but. Yet it is on the large size. The idea of having to dig my drawers out of my crack when I get off the bike can be a bit annoying. Not trying to give anyone an image you don't need, but yikes. Plus my legs feel like jello this morning.

I wonder if I could get something from the saddle and tack store?

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Congratulations, Larry!

Once you start riding up and down some hills, you'll be grateful for the gears. And when you start those rides to work, you need to buy you some bike shorts! Of course your big ol' butt will be enhanced in the skin tight girdle with leggings but the built in padding will help with saddle soreness and the issue of drawers in your crack. Ride to work a few times, and that big ol' butt will start getting smaller quick!

L.G. Reeves said...

Are you making fun of my junk in the trunk?

Nathan said...

No...just making fun of bike shorts, though I own a pair. Also using your words in encouragement as you join the biking community.

I also own a pair of bike shorts that are built into regular looking shorts - so you get the support and padding but not the chance to show off that sleek aerodynamic figure! I wear those more often than my traditional bike shorts.