Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Opportunity

A couple of nights ago I got a interesting phone call. I am being nominated to fill an un-expired term on the city council in Whitehouse. The new mayor was a current city council member and his position will be vacant. It would be for one year. I was kind of blown away. I don't know how many other people are being nominated for this. I will find out next Wednesday. If it does happen, then I will be sworn in that night and will start with that meeting. If someone else is selected then I am still honored to be considered.

I do hope that I am picked. I think it would be a great opportunity for me to serve my community in the city government. There are some great things going on that I want to see continue. The city does face some challenges that need to be addressed. I think the current council has done a good job and has had to make some hard decisions but they have laid a good foundation.

I am thinking that with this, John McCain should look at me for his VP. HA!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would at least give a better reason to vote for McCain! Congrats.

L.G. Reeves said...

Thanks. I am thinking of voting "none of the above."

m.d. mcmullin said...

wow - that would be cool

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this wonderful opportunity, but I must say...you may want an English teacher check your spelling and/or grammar before you make your presentation. (wink)
Seriously, I am so proud that you were nominated. I will put you on top of my prayer list in hopes you get this. God bless.

L.G. Reeves said...

Thanks Angie, check out the new post to see an update.