Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Any one ever make you feel dumb?

I have two favorite bible teachers that really make feel like an idiot. I don't mean that in a bad way. They are so smart and their teaching style is so wonderful that I have a hard time keeping up with them. I listen in my office and on the radio all the time.

Ravi Zacharias is one of them. I love his accent. He is from India. He has studied all over the place and has probably read every book in the Oxford Library. This guy can use some HUGE words. His ministry is called "Let my people think."

The other guy is Alistair Begg. He pastors the Park Street Church in Cleavland, Ohio. He is a British dude. His ministry is called "Truth for Life."

So why do I listen to them? Maybe it is their accents. Don't they make me feel dumb? I guess they do, but they challenge me to read and study. They challenge me to research deeper not only in the written words but also to listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying. When I don't understand the written words, the Holy Spirit helps me.

That is one of the benefits of Spirit filled living. The Holy Spirit is so much more than tongues, healing, and running laps around the church. I am not making fun by no means. I am simply saying that by yielding to the Spirit, we can have a deeper walk with God. We can ask Him to teach us on levels that our flesh can only dream up.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Amen, brother!

m.d. mcmullin said...

wow - what a snazzy top banner you have.

On the worldwide web it is sometimes helpful to be more descriptive with places. Most of the world thinks the Palestine paper is in ... well Palestine (middle east) and that Jacksonville is in Florida.

But it's really none of my business.