Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Keith Green

I just watched a documentary on Keith Green. What an awesome guy. He challenges me.

Last night I was talking with Liz and said when I think of Keith I think I am really a sucky christian. He was bold and genuine. I think I fear men more times than I fear God. And that is not right.

He is one of my heroes of the faith. I think of him much like Rich Mullins. Both of them really took the faith and words of Jesus seriously. They make me sit back and examine my own walk.

Quote from Jason Upton "........some times no compromise means, no compensation..."

BOLD!!!!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Was the documentary on tv or recorded? Keith was a radical guy. I read his "No Compromise" biography several years ago. Too bad he was of my parents' generation and was taken so young. It would've been great to get to see him.

Rich Mullins came to Texas A&M when I was a student. I was young, though, and didn't know much about him so I didn't go to the concert. He died also not long after that. Another of God's poets that I missed getting to see.

L.G. Reeves said...

It was on line on you tube. I would like to read his bio also. I looked on Book Mooch and all i found was an audio cassette version. I dont own a tape player anymore. I listened to Rich in high school, but did not know all about him. I learned more in the last few years. there is a great video about him on you tube also.

Nathan said...

I still have my copy. You can borrow it, but not mooch as I'd like to keep it in my library. Just remind me if I forget.