Sunday, March 8, 2009

Catholic Stuff

Yesterday I went to Mother Frances to visit a new born baby. As I was leaving I felt the Lord leading me to go to the Chapel and pray. I have learned and am learning to obey. The chapel at TMF is beautiful. If you have never visited it, it is pretty. I have counseled folks before there. I have spent other times in prayer there.

While there I picked up a tract about the Rosary. I found it interesting because it explained "praying the rosary." I found it an interesting way to teach people to pray and to teach the fundamentals of the faith. Of course I don't pray to Mary nor do I think one should. I don't disrespect Mary, I think we should obey her and "do what ever he tells us" as she told the wedding party at Cana.

As I looked over the tract, I like the way it explains the mysteries. I also appreciated the art work in the tract that explained the Gospel Message.

I think in the protestant church we have lost some of the mystery of our faith. We rely less on the arts and being comfortable with the unknown. I think we should allow God to give us wonder. We should be wowed by what he does. I think we should be able to express that in the arts and with poetry.

Just some rambling thoughts....

1 comment:

Faye M. said...

Many years ago, I took a youth group to Mother Frances to visit the children at Christmas. As we were leaving, one of the Sisters asked us if we would like to visit their chapel. When we got there, she asked us to hold hands and join her in singing Silent Night. It was a very moving, beautiful experience.