Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update on dad

What a day. Today starts out to be a good day. A few unexpected events and conversations. But that I guess that is life. It does go to prove, that no good deed will go un punished.

But such is life.

I went to dad's dr appointment. He showed us the spots in dad's gut that have these weak vessels that are bleeding. They have increased dad's iron intake. The GI doc thinks that they can maintain dad's hemoglobin by helping produce more than he loses. BUT,

To fix dad's heart they have to thin his blood. So the GI doc said one option is to go down dad's throat with a long scope and a laser and burn those vessels. BUT, they can not do that in Tyler, he would have to go to Dallas to do that.

Dr. Radford then got on to dad pretty good about drinking. Dr Radford said that its one thing for the Dr's to jump through hoops to try and help, but if you will not do your part then what good are we doing?

Dad just sat there and listened. You could tell he was uncomfortable. I was too. AWKWARD!!!

I love dad, but dad has to do his part. Maybe he will listen to Dr. Radford.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Oh honey...I didn't realize you went to the appointment w/ your dad. Did Mammaw bring him to Tyler? (I would ask you all this myself but you're already sleeping & I don't want to wake you up. Email me tomorrow & tell me.)

Amanda said...

I hope that he will listen to his doctor so that he can get better!

L.G. Reeves said...

I want him to also. He has to make the choice. I love him and he is killing himself. it tears me up.

Candice said...

I will pray for you guys and for your Dad. Where is he living nowadays?

L.G. Reeves said...

Candice - Dad lives in the same place in Elkhart. not far from your mom and dad.