Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Redneck in Europe - Romania Part 4

Wednesday

We just got back from working in a town about thirty minutes away. I think we saw 200 people, it was crazy. We set up today in a community center that is rented out for parties and weddings.

High blood pressure is so common. I think I have figured out why. For years they had little or no electricity and everything was preserved with salt. Most of the food we have eaten is very salty.

Many more ladies who had lots of abortions. Saw one guy whose feet have no circulation in them, he wanted to know if we could fix them. They will have to be cut off. He is only 42. Very sad, we don’t know why he has this.Saw a young couple, the man has hepatitis. He was 25.

We passed many fields today that were being burned off. We saw some people today whose id card were those issued by the communist thirty years ago.

Some people got upset because some gypsies got ahead of them in line. One lady told me that she wanted to see the dr because her husband makes her mad. I told her that husbands do this; she should take her shoe and hit him.

One lady said that when she gets mad her throat swells, I told her not to get mad any more.

We had a couple yesterday that had been dating for 50 years. They were so cute.

One lady had a large portion of one of toes cut off. I saw the largest goiter on someone’s neck that I have ever seen. We saw many people with abscessed teeth. We could do nothing other than give them some antibiotics and Tylenol.

There was this one beautiful little gypsy girl with the prettiest dress I have ever seen. I had someone get a pic with my camera; will see if it comes out.

I got to drive a van in Romanian traffic. It was a VW microbus. We got to see Pastor Peter's church. It was small, but very beautiful. Very simple. It had this long row of bushes and flowers on the side walk. It is a mission church from the Baptist church in Braila.

2 comments:

Alisa Evans said...

Thanks for the refresher course...couldn't remember the exact story on the lady whose husband died.

L.G. Reeves said...

I think that was one of my favorite visits.